Project 3: Working with Electronics

My project needed two types of electrical components. For the robot's head to be able to move to face you, I needed a servo onto which I could mount the head. And for the eyes to light up, I would need LEDs. I'd also need to solder the LEDs in place because the entire head would be moving. 



Some challenges I encountered at this stage were that the servo rotated so fast that it would throw the robot head off the apparatus. This force also caused the servo to not be able to stay on the PICO. Tape wasn't enough to keep the pieces together, and I was hesitant to glue the electronics, so I knew I'd need to find another solution. I also realized I wouldn't have enough time to make the "booting up" sequence because all the LEDs would need to be soldered and then I'd have to write the code with the correct timings. So I focused on getting the LEDs in the eyes to work. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 2 Part 2: Preparing Structural Elements

Project 3: Project Statement

Project 1: Designing and Printing the CD Holder