Project 3: Assembly and Testing

To finish up the project, the first thing I needed to do was find a way to secure the servo to the piece and secure the robot head to the servo. To attach the servo to the PICO, I used a hair tie. This worked well enough but the tension would cause the servo to lean a little bit so I sometimes had to fix it manually. If I had more time I would've definitely used the holes on the servo to screw it into place. 




I also decided to use some zip ties to attach the robot head to the servo arm. Even though this connection point was a bit loose, I think it actually added to the piece a little because the more jolty movement was in line with the idea that you had accidentally awoken a long-dormant piece of tech.


I also ended up having to re-solder the LEDs in the eyes a few times because the movement of the piece would cause the solder to come undone. I spent a bit of time positioning the wires so that they would experience the least amount of pressure when the robot head rotated. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 2 Part 2: Preparing Structural Elements

Project 3: Project Statement

Project 1: Designing and Printing the CD Holder