Project 1: Preparing the Pieces and Beginning Assembly

This is an in-progress photo of attaching the needles to the CDs. I tried poking a hole in the CD to see if I could somehow attach that way, but it became clear that tape was my best bet. The needles were just too thin and it was difficult to bend them all uniformly.



I then decided to paint the backs of the CDs silver. Being able to see the texture of the tape was a concern, but I don't think it's too noticeable in the final version.


I also painted the 3D printed CD holder silver.


Lastly, I worked on the stem of the plant, which I cut out of the fly swatter from the previous post. I bent the bottom into a square-ish base that I hoped would support the CDs. Then I tied the CD holder onto the base to see if the apparatus would stand. Once it was standing, I glued the CD holder and the stem together and left the glue to set.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 2 Part 2: Preparing Structural Elements

Project 3: Project Statement

Project 1: Designing and Printing the CD Holder