Project 1: Brainstorming the Other Pieces


Now that the main part of the leaves of the Venus Fly Trap is done, I need to decide what I want to use for the stem and the spikes of the leaves. 


As of right now, I'm thinking of leaning into the metallic nature of the CDs and using needles for the spikes and the metal handle of a fly swatter as the stem. 


I'll be interested to see whether this will still look like a plant. I may need to incorporate some green elements. I also need. to decide if I want to paint the yellow CD holder. I don't want it to distract at all from the rest of the piece, so I'll probably print it metallic, or black or white. 

Another concern is how I'm going to attach the stem part to the CD holder. I may be able to flatten the top of the metal handle and use that surface area to attach the holder somehow. As for how to attach the needles to the CDs, assuming that idea works out, I may try putting holes in the CDs with a soldering iron and tying the needles with wire, or else gluing them somehow without holes. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 2 Part 2: Preparing Structural Elements

Project 3: Project Statement

Project 1: Designing and Printing the CD Holder